Friday, June 22, 2012

A Samsung Galaxy S3 'Exploded' in a Carkit Says an Irish Owner


An exploded Samsung Galaxy S3 Pphotos now scattered online.  This claims from a Galaxy S3 owner from Ireland who recently posted this incident happens inside on his car mounted on the car-kit. The owner was safety unhurt during the incident  but the explosion apparently left some nasty molten plastic remains inside of his car.

Here's the photos of a busted Samsung Galaxy S3 from the owners original post.
Here's the owner statement on this incident.
Hi,

So I driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone.

I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without any signal.

I brought it to the carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldn't replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing.

The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car.

And they are refusing to give me a replacement they had to send it off. Probably nothing I can do, but Im really annoyed. That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. Its very dangerous.

Update:
After receiving no help from the Carphone Warehouse. Samsung contacted me, the head of customer services came out to see me and gave me a replacement phone. Even said he would send me out some free stuff.

There is no confirmation that it was a fault with the phone. It may actually have been caused by a combination of my car mount and my cars heating system.

Just delighted to have my Galaxy back


Photos of the damage are further down.

News Agencies
I am not available for an interview an contact requesting an interview will be ignored.

Samsung has already issued a statement on its Samsung Tomorrow blog, saying:

“There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY S3 that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.”

The latest report on Samsung Galaxy S3 could costly for the company as it comes just a few days after sources from Apple claiming that its latest product iPhone 5 would put Samsung Galaxy S3 to shame.

Samsung Electronics launched its flagship smartphone Galaxy S3 last month and has received good response from gadget lovers all over the world. It also got rave reviews from reviewers.

The international variant of Samsung Galaxy S3 sports a super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (306 ppi pixel density), multitouch, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 and TouchWiz UI v4.0. It features a 1.4GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM.

Measuring 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm and weighing 133 grams Samsung Galaxy S3 features Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4G LTE connectivity, 2GB of RAM, a dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU, Mail-400MP GPU.

You may visit the original post about this one of its kind report ever happened to the Galaxy S3.

No comments:

Post a Comment